Is God speaking to me? Part 2
Last week we began reading an excerpt from Lysa Terkeurst's book "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God". The excerpt we are reading is three chapters called "Is God Speaking to Me?". You do not need to get this book to follow along in our study, we read the chapters on our Facebook Live videos found here.
If you decide you do want to purchase the excerpt, it can be found here.
Below are the questions from the 2nd chapter. I will not be answering these on the blog but would encourage you to answer these for yourself!
1. Read Romans 12:1-2 in the NIV. Then, write out a definition for the following:
- Living Sacrifice
- Pleasing to God
- Do not conform
- The pattern of this world
- Renewing of your mind
- Test and approve God's will
2. Now reread these verses and summarize what you can learn from them about discerning God's voice:
3. List some areas of your life that you currently honor God in:
4. List some areas that you sense you may need to sacrifice or change:
5. Are there areas of your life where you've conformed to the world's way of thinking?
6. How can you renew your mind in these areas?
7. Find 2 scripture verses that might be helpful to memorize as you seek to be renewed in this area.
8. What is the promise from these verses for those who actively seek to be transformed and renewed in the way they think?