Daughter of Grace Series: Esther
Last week we continued a study from the Daily Grace Co. called Daughters of Grace. We talked about the widow of Zarephath, her story, characteristics, and what we can learn from her life. This week we are talking about Esther. Hannah's story can be found in Esther chapters 1-10.
If you would like a link to purchase the study we are reading from, click here. You may also head over to our Facebook Page and watch the live video from 3/8/22 if you would like to just listen to what the book reads and follow along.
Esther has a BIG story. In fact, she has a whole book of the Bible! She was an orphan girl that became queen, the ultimate underdog story. If you haven't read Esther's story, definitely check it out and then dive into the discussion questions below!
1. What do we learn about God and His character in the life of Esther?
That He is mysterious yet faithful and always has a plan for us! We don't always know why we are at a certain place in our lives, but we DO know that God always has a bigger plan and will use us for a bigger purpose than we could ever realize. He is always faithful to keep His promises to us and God's plan is always good!
2. What character qualities, positive or negative, do we see demonstrated in Esther's life?
- humble and quiet
3. What can I learn from Esther's story that I can apply to my own life?
- God's plan might not always be the easiest way, but it is always worth it
- We were each created for a purpose
- A gentle spirit is far more beautiful than our outward appearance
- God gives us the strength to act on our faith and not our fear. We know that it is not by our strength but by God's that we are able to step out on faith and do big scary things! God was able to intervene when it came to the king's heart and help soften it upon Esther (Proverbs 21:1 "The king's hear is a stream of water in the hand of the LORD; he turns it wherever he will).