Daughters of Grace Series: Priscilla
Last week we continued a study from the Daily Grace Co. called Daughters of Grace. We talked about The woman with two coins and about Lydia, their stories, characteristics, and what we can learn from their lives. This week we are talking about Priscilla found in Acts 18-19; Romans 16:3-4; 1 Corinthians 16:19; and 2 Timothy 4:19.
If you would like a link to purchase the study we are reading from, click here. You may also head over to our Facebook Page and watch the live video from 5/10/22 if you would like to just listen to what the book reads and follow along.
1. What do we learn about God and His character in the life of Priscilla?
That God provides for His people and provides them refuge. He always has a plan for those doing His work and uses other believers for those plans.
2. What character qualities, positive or negative, do we see demonstrated in Priscilla's life?
- servant hearted
3. What can I learn from Priscilla's story that I can apply to my own life?
- This story is a great example of how husbands and wives can work together for God's purpose! Your marriage has a plan for God's glory! Priscilla teaches us that we should seek and serve the Lord with our spouse and see them as our partner in doing the Lord's work.
- Acts of Service are a form of worship and praise to God! Our willingness to work for and serve the Lord is so important and even the most simple acts of obedience to Him matter.
- Say "yes" to the Lord whenever He asks something of you. Priscilla had to wear many hats in her servitude to God- she opened her home, she taught, she worked, she even risked her life. All of this because in those moments God was asking them of Priscilla and she said YES!